Dr. Lenea Stocker 231
Quick Reference Guide
Professor Stocker has been teaching at University of Maryland College Park since Fall 2012. I've been a full time tutor since 2010, and below is my personal guide to her teaching style that I have observed since 2012.
Spring 2016 - 10% Non-Exam, 90% Exam & Final
Fall 2017 - 22% Non-Exam (ARC Related), 78% Exam & Final
Estimated Curve: 15 - 20%.
Graded Homework: In Fall 2017, Dr. Lenea Stocker introduced ARC worksheets (Application of Research Concepts) worth 13% of final grade.
You must read Ph.D research papers of hard concepts related to class. Graded on accuracy, not participation.
Clickers (In Class): 10% of final grade. 50 points total. 1 point/question: 0.5/accuracy, 0.5/participation.
Clicker Homework: None.
Bonus Points: Never.
OWL Online Homework: Never.
- Medium to high difficulty - each question involves multiple concepts. For a single problem, if you don't understand one of several concepts then you'll likely bomb the question.
>50% of exam questions are purposely TRICKY.
- 3 Exams per semester @ 100 points each.
- 13-15 questions per exam, and 3-12 points each.
- Stocker's style is consistent and asks the same set of topics
- Students who tutor with me will learn exam strategies curated from 6 semester's worth of Dr. Stocker's CHEM 231 exams.
HOW TO STUDY FOR DR. STOCKER'S FINAL EXAM:
- Contact me for tutoring if you're interested in study strategies for Stocker's final !