Dr. Jeffery Davis 231
Quick Reference Guide
Professor Davis has been teaching at University of Maryland College Park for over 25 years. As a full time tutor since 2010, below is my personal guide to his teaching style that I have observed over the years.
POINTS BREAKDOWN: 0% Non-Exam, 100% Exam & Final
Estimated Curve: There is NO CURVE! Dr. Jeffery Davis quote: "You are competing with yourself not against each other."
Guaranteed grades: A >80% B 70-79% C 55-69% D 45-55%
Graded Homework: Never.
Clickers (In Class): Never.
Clicker Homework: Never.
Bonus Points: Never.
OWL Online Homework: Optional, no effect on grade.
- Medium difficulty, consistent across all semesters.
- Very conceptual, often based upon resonance, acid/base, orbitals, mechanisms.
- Conceptual questions usually ask "why..."
- 20-40% Multiple Choice
- 3 Exams per semester @ 100 points each.
- They average 5-13 questions per exam, and 3-40 points each.
- Students who tutor with me will learn exam strategies curated from 20 years of Davis's 231 exams.
HOW TO STUDY FOR DR. DAVIS' FINAL EXAM:
- Contact me for tutoring if you're interested in study strategies for Davis's final exam.