Dr. Cheng Lee 135
Quick Reference Guide
Professor Lee has been teaching at University of Maryland College Park since 1998. I've been a full time tutor since 2010, and below is my personal guide to his teaching style that I have observed since then.
19% Non-Exam (120 points), 81% Exams & Final (500 points)
Estimated Curve: There is no CURVE!
Guaranteed grades: A ≥88%; A- 85-87%; B+ 82-84%; B 78-81%; B- 75-77%; C+ 72-74%; C 68-71%; C- 65-67%; D+ 62-64%; D 58-61%; D- 55-57%; F <54%
Clicker Homework: None.
Bonus Points: Not in the last 4 years.
Mastering Chemistry Online Homework: ONLY 3 attempts allowed/1 problem. 12 homeworks total. 10 points each. Graded on ACCURACY, not completion.
NOTE on Attempts: 3 attempts per homework problem is strict. It's very easy to enter the incorrect answer due to rounding error, or entering incorrectly. Some professors offer UNLIMITED attempts for every problem, but not Dr. Lee.
- Easy to Medium Difficulty - Mix between short answer and long questions that focus on one concept.
- >50% of exam questions are similar to past exams.
- 1 long question per test is real world application based.
- 3 Exams per semester @ 100 points each.
- 11-13 questions per exam, and 2-16 points each.
- Lee's style is the most consistent in the UMD Chemistry Department.
- Students who tutor with me will learn exam strategies curated from 4 semester's worth of Dr. Lee's CHEM 135 exams.
HOW TO STUDY FOR DR. LEE'S FINAL EXAM:
- Contact me for tutoring if you're interested in study strategies for Lee's final !