Dr. Bonnie Dixon 231
Quick Reference Guide
Professor Dixon has been teaching at University of Maryland College Park for over 8 years. As a full time tutor since 2010, below is my personal guide to her teaching style that I have observed over the years.
POINTS BREAKDOWN: 16% Non-Exam, 84% Exam & Final
Estimated Curve: Estimated A/B & B/C cutoff: 10-17%
IMPORTANT: Pass with C - if 50% of total points achieved.
Graded Homework: Difficult questions made by Dr. Dixon herself. Never repeated from past semesters. Impossible to google for answers.
Clickers (In Class): None (recently).
Clicker Homework: None.
Bonus Points: None.
OWL Online Homework: None.
- High Difficulty. More concepts and memorization required than other professors.
Students frequently complain they cannot finish her exams.
- 3 Exams per semester @ 100 points each.
- 12-15 questions per exam, and 4-20 points each.
- Dixon's style is always tricky. Her exams have evolved to be harder.
- Students who tutor with me will learn exam strategies curated from 13 years of Dr. Dixon's CHEM 231 exams.
HOW TO STUDY FOR DR. DIXON'S FINAL EXAM:
- Contact me for tutoring if you're interested in study strategies for Dixon's final exam.