Dr. Amanda Schech CHEM 131 Exam & Grading Review - Fall 2019
Based on my 3 semesters of tutoring Dr. Amanda Schech's CHEM 131 course, below are my professional opinions of her curve, exams and grading system.
Interested in tutoring for Fall 2019? Email me email@example.com or text/call me 657-777-2436.
- 'A' cutoff ~79.5%. 'B' cutoff ~69.4%.
EXAM AVERAGES Spring 2019 Semester
- Exam 1: 49%, Exam 2: 69%, Exam 3: 73.9%, Final: 63.8%
- - Medium Difficulty - Mix between short answer and calculations.
- - 33% of exam questions are similar to past exams & midterms.
EXAM STYLE REVIEW:
- - Some calculation questions are very wordy and confusing.
- - 3 Exams/semester @ 100 points. 1 Final @ 200 points.
- - 5-11 questions per exam, and 3-27 points each.
- - Schech's style is somewhat consistent in the UMD Chemistry Department.
- - Students who tutor with me will learn CHEM 131 test strategies curated from 3 semester's of tutoring.
POINTS BREAKDOWN REVIEW:
- - 24% Non-Exam (160 points), 76% Exams & Final (500 points)
- - Clickers: 50 pts: 25 pts accuracy, 25 points participation.
- - Mastering Chemistry Online Homework: 4 attempts /1 problem. 15% of overall grade. Medium Difficulty. Graded on ACCURACY, not completion.
- - Homework Average: 86.6%
FINAL EXAM REVIEW:
- - Contact me for tutoring if you're interested in study strategies for Dr. Amanda Schech's Midterms and Final !