Dr. Alice Mignerey 135
Quick Reference Guide
Professor Mignerey has been teaching at University of Maryland College Park for at least 20 years. I've been a full time tutor since 2010, and below is my personal guide to her teaching style.
20% Non-Exam (125 points), 80% Exams & Final (500 points)
Estimated Curve: ~7-20% depending on cutoff.
Clickers (TopHat System): 50 points. 1 point/question.
Clicker Homework: None.
Bonus Points: None.
Mastering Chemistry Online Homework: ONLY 3 attempts allowed/1 problem. 75 points total. Graded on ACCURACY, not completion.
NOTE on Attempts: 3 attempts per homework problem is strict. It's very easy to enter the incorrect answer due to rounding error, or entering incorrectly. Some professors offer UNLIMITED attempts for every problem, but not Dr. Mignerey.
- Easy to Medium Difficulty - Mix between short answer and long questions that focus on one concept.
- >50% of exam questions are similar to past exams.
- All questions are calculation or concept based. Straightforward wording.
- 4 Exams per semester @ 75 points each.
- 9-12 questions per exam, and 2-12 points each.
- Mignerey's style is the most consistent in the UMD Chemistry Department.
- Students who tutor with me will learn exam strategies curated from 15 semester's worth of Dr. Mignerey's CHEM 131 & 135 exams.
HOW TO STUDY FOR DR. MIGNEREY'S FINAL EXAM:
- Contact me for tutoring if you're interested in study strategies for Mignerey's final !